Saturday, May 17, 2008

Judas

Betrayer of all.
Why do I fall?
I feel the presence.
But I don't have the sense.
To turn away.
I fall every day.
Kissing your cheek.
I am not meek.
Why do you let me?
I need to learn to be.
Faithful to the end.
Never playing pretend.
This is not simple, life.
Trudging through the strife.
You are always there.
Even though I am unaware.
I take and do not give.
That is not the way to live.
Sweat becomes blood.
Emotions begin to flood.
I cry to see your face.
I hide in my disgrace.
The pain of my sin.
Again and again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Brother Lawrence, "Thus I will always do without you, Lord".

If its any help, there is a good confessor at St. Patrick's Church in Colfax, 30 minutes before each Mass. Abbot Parcher, a retired Benedictine Abbot, is Pastor there.

Bill Kerr said...

Thanks. We have a couple very good priests here in Moscow. Actually have gone to confession to them quite often.

Have a very Blessed Sunday.