Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pinch flats and sick

Out riding the road bike a couple of weeks ago and pinch flatted the rear tire on a pothole on a street in Pullman. Did not see that coming at all. Jenna had a spare tube and it had a small hole in it that required airing up every couple of miles. Finally made it to Moscow and ended up walking the bike the last 2 miles home. Monday of this week ended with a pinch flat on the Vandal Bike as I was going into a parking lot. Ended up calling home to get a ride home as I didn't have a spare tube with me. This has taught me a couple of lessons so far:

  1. Take a tube and pump along.
  2. Make sure there is enough air in the tires (I did have the air down on the road bike for the gravel I was riding on).
I knew that these needed to be followed but it was one of those "short" trips that I really didn't think I needed to do this. I have been riding the Giant mountain bike with the trailer this week since I do not have an extra tube for the Vandal Bike. I now have more miles on the VB then I do on the Giant for the year.

I have been sick this week. Slowly kicking the cold out just in time to go to White Bird to do the "Just for the Hill of it" climb this Saturday. All I have to do is beat my time from last year and I will be doing good. I will be riding the new bike this year so that will help in getting me to the top faster. Another thing that will help is the number of miles I have ridden so far this year.


No comments: