Friday, May 9, 2014

Lax on the postings

Been a little while since a posting has been done. Lots of commuting miles along with some 20-30 miler rides close to home.

The commuting rides have been anywhere from 3 miles to almost 8 miles. I like the ones that are longer since I get to see quite a bit of Moscow. I am going to try and ride every street in Moscow at some point either riding to or from work during the summer. I have been riding a lot down the main street of Moscow since they put in sharrows. Here is a nice video. Hopefully putting in sharrows will mean less bikes on the sidewalks in the downtown area.

I have done a couple of the Wild Wednesday rides so far this year. Most of the longer rides have been loops to Pullman and back on Airport Road or going out on Blaine Road and coming back on the Genesee/Troy Road.

I did do the Ronde van Palouse race again. This years race was a two lap shortened version of last years race. They took out some of the gravel section since there was some bad spots that and work being done on it. The potholes during the start of the race were the scariest part of the whole ride. I didn't have that much problem with the gravel except for a slow leak on the front tire that developed on the second lap. I was lucky enough to find someone that had a floor pump at one of the intersections. The extra air made the rest of the ride a lot smoother until I got nearer to the finish when the headwind really started going.

No comments: