Saturday, August 2, 2014

Busy, but not really

What a busy time on the bikes since the last post. Still spending a lot of time riding to and from work. I try to meander a bit everyday so that it is not a straight shot. This allows for a varied experience of Moscow streets (at least ones that are not closed for construction).

On the 22nd of June we hosted a criterium on the campus. It was a fun time of racing and volunteering. I raced with the CAT 5 group and did not come in last.

For the 4th of July weekend this year we went down to Nampa to hang out and celebrate several graduations. The celebration was at my Uncle John's house in Middleton. I decided to head out early on the third to ride as far as I could be for the rest of the family caught up to me. Part of my plan was to go up the old Winchester grade but cramping in the legs made this impossible. I ended up turning around and going back down to Highway 95. I rode till I was about 4 miles north of the gas station at the southern cutoff road into Winchester. I waited by the side of the road for my ride to come along. They went by not noticing me waving at them. I got back on the bike and rode to the gas station and caught a ride to the top of the Whitebird hill. I rode down the new grade and met the family at Hoot's Cafe.

Steve and I had a real good ride on the 4th around Lake Lowell by Nampa. I road the greenbelt trails in Nampa on the 5th. There were a lot of ducks on those trails.

I have had several rides up onto Moscow Mountain so far this summer. Jorge and I saw a moose on one of the rides. I also road up to and on the trail that Monica, Philip, and I worked on earlier in the summer. I really enjoy riding up there since the scenery and the trails have been awesome.

This coming week I will be going to Boise to compete in the Idaho Senior Games in the 5K time trial, 10K time trial, 20K road race, and 40K road race. I just thought that this would be an interesting thing to do before the semester starts back up.

I am really getting excited for the MS Ride that is being held on the 13th and 14th of September. If you would like to help out this worthy cause by donating money then click this link. Any little bit helps. Thanks.

No comments: