Monday, May 28, 2012

The End, Almost.

End of the Latah Trail.
May is slowly coming to a close. Bike month has been a great biking month. Since the last post I have put almost 200 more miles on the bikes, with almost 100 of those miles occurring during this Memorial Day weekend. Two trips to the end of the Latah Trail in Troy have really made me feel good about riding. The wind has slowed down and the temperature has gone up a little.

I have seen some interesting things while biking the past few weeks. One day while commuting to work there was a mother duck slowly walking seven little ducklings across the trail. I came to a stop and let them go across while she quacked at them all the way. What a wonderful sight to see.

On Saturday at the 1 mile marker outside of Troy there was a wild turkey walking across the trail. It is so cool to get to all of the different things along the Chipman and Latah Trails.

A different pair of shoes has helped the ball of my right foot a lot. It has turned out that a harder sole is needed to take most of the force of the pedals.

With the end of Bike Month comes the pledge to keep riding and raising money for the MS Society. I am so excited about riding in McCall again this August in support of those with MS. You can donate online at the National MS Society site. Thanks for supporting me in this great cause. If want to help but do not want to do an online donation then please get in touch with me. We can work something out.

No comments: