Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tuesday and Thursday Mornings

On Tuesday and Thursday mornings I have been going out with a few of my neighbors to ride at 5:30 in the morning. They are training for the Palouse Sprint Triathlon. We usually try to do 9 or more miles. The rides have been pretty good and it is nice to have someone to ride with. This morning started out no different then the rest. However, my back tire started rubbing the frame and I realized that I had not tightened down the quick release skewer. I stopped and turned it over to straighten it out. This was not the last of the bike problems. At the turn around point I realized that I could not shift my rear derailleur out of high gear. Come to find out that the cable had broken in the shifter. Now to get it in to get it fixed before next Friday so that I will be ready for the MS150 ride on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks to Lauren, Ben and Eric for riding with me over these past few weeks.

1 comment:

Walden Jrs said...

No problem! We'll have to do it again (at least when I catch up on my sleep!)