Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday Evening Ride

Thank you so much Paradise Creek Bicycles for getting my bike running like a champ. It made the ride to Troy so much more enjoyable. I left the house at about 4:50 and headed to the trail. Saw a few other bikers along the way.

As I came upon the intersection with the transfer station road I noticed a young couple having some interesting difficulties on the trail. I decided to let them keep going with their difficulties as I don't think I could have helped very well.

There were quite a few grasshoppers on the trail. Some of them decided that they did not want my tires to hit them so they hopped out of the way. Others, however, decided that the tires looked really cool and wanted to get a closer look. Some of them even wanted to see what the spokes where all about and bounced off of them.

The chipmunks along the way kept their distance from the rotating grasshopper killers.

I arrived in Troy at about 5:30 and noticed that the reader board by the ball field said that the temperature was 96 degrees. I thought it was warm but did not realize that it was that warm. Thank goodness for two bottles of water.

The ride back to Moscow was filled with lots of little bugs flying right directly at me. Annoying is the word that I can think of only because it sums up the whole situation. I covered 26 miles an hour and a half. Not bad for eating 6 pieces of pizza earlier in the day. All in all it was a very good ride.

1 comment:

Slick Nick said...

Hey Bill, thanks for the shout-out to Paradise Creek! We just launched our Facebook presence, direct your browser to http://www.paradisecreekbikes.com to get news and info about cooperative group rides!